I designed this fabric, Phases of the Moon, a couple years ago, with no real plan besides releasing it on Spoonflower.
I bought myself two yards last year with the intent of making a dress. It didn’t work out and I can’t remember exactly what happened, but pieces of the fabric remained in my fabric box up until this Thursday.
When I pulled the fabric out, I found I’d already cut out the perfect base for a high/low hem skirt. I couldn’t find the top half of the dress anywhere. All that I did was sew a narrow casing and put a bit of elastic through it. Since it was a knit fabric, I didn’t even hem it. Ridiculously simple!
The fabric is amazing! My design looks great, and the fabric I chose was Modern Jersey. There are some small design details that do not show up on the fabric, but that’s my own fault. I had written the names of each moon phase under the corresponding moon in a light grey. The words were too tiny to show up against such a dark background.